Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Content and your Business

I have been thinking a lot about CONTENT, lately. I took a great webinar, put on by MarketingProfs called CONTENT RULES, and really learned a lot. It made me think about how most businesses leave the content of their business to the experience customers have when they walk through the door of their bricks and mortar business. I really believe, that in the next 10 years or so, this type of face to face content will become almost obsolete. In the here and now I believe that the majority of customers, most of whom will NEVER come through your physical door, do the majority of their research about where they would like to eat, or where they would like to shop, online.
The information, or CONTENT of your website or e-newsletter, or blog, is sometimes the only chance you have to WOW them. To convince them that it is worth their while to get into their car, pay for parking, and take a risk that YOU HAVE what they are looking for. I find the opportunity to WOW them with great content very exciting! Are you a good writer? Do you shoot a great video? Do you have a real knack of interviewing customers or staff? Whatever you do best...DOIT!

Post it on your blog. Make your website so entertaining, that your customers share it with their friends on facebook! Whatever you do...Make it real, make it YOU. Your content should reflect your personal business philosophy. It should tell a story, with every post, or tweet, about how much you LOVE what you do. It should engage your customer, and even perhaps solve a problem for them.( ie: Where should we hold our staff Christmas party? Where can I purchase the PERFECT gift basket for my boss: The FUSSY FOODIE?)

I think that perfect CONTENT is like having a PERFECT business. It shows your BEST side...all the time. Perfect CONTENT is like having a spotless store, wonderful, attentive staff, and perfect food, served hot and delicious, or incredible merchandise filling your space.

What is your CONTENT saying about you? If you don't know...give me a call...I can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment