Friday, January 14, 2011

My New CRC Website: First Steps

Shortly after New Years Day, I started working with a company to design my new CRC company website. I am going to blog about the various steps involved in building a B2B website from scratch.

Step one: I contacted someone I had previously worked with about possibly designing a site for me. I knew this person, as he had done some work on my previous Retail Store's website. We had one or 2 phone conversations regarding what I thought I wanted, and he sent me an e-questionnaire entitled:

Your Organization and Your New Website. It contained approximately 30 questions. Some questions were around who I was as a business, and some questions were around the actual design of the site. I filled it out on-line, and e-mailed it back to him.

After reading my responses, I was contacted again, and invited to a face to face meeting. We went over the questionnaire in more detail, and was given a price quote. If we were to move forward, I was to be given a formal quote outlining the services I was to expect and I and needed to provide him with a deposit of approximately half of the final price. I agreed to get back to him in a day or so.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment