Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Celebrating a Milestone...with Gone Crackers...


I think that having a business is reason to celebrate! All of the effort involved in coming up with an idea, and a business plan, and securing financing, AND managing to open the doors...it's just a remarkable accomplishment! If all goes well, and you can make it past the magical 2 year mark...I think that you should throw a party!

I went to a celebration a couple of weeks ago, for my friend Heather. Heather owns a business called Gone Crackers, and was in the mood to celebrate not only 2 years in business, but 10 YEARS IN BUSINESS! She was also celebrating the launch of a new flavour of cracker: Moroccan Spice.

The evening was great! It was held at Brix Restaurant in Yaletown. From the minute I walked in, the Moroccan theme was evident. I was handed a glass of sparkling wine with rose petal and gold flake floating dreamily in the glass. I tasted the most flavourful lamb, and pita, with delicious spreads...and was later entertained by a bewitching belly dancer.

Heather made a short speech Thanking all of us for celebrating with her. I believe that successful businesses need to keep celebrating...and we all need to stay involved and watch them grow and thrive.

Small business is the backbone of the Canadian economy...and most other economies in the world. We should all be proud of our local success stories. In this case, showing my pride just means going to the cupboard for some more delicious crackers!

Congratulations Heather! Here's to another 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment