Tuesday, August 31, 2010

common sense retailing


This sandwich board caught my eye the other day. Besides the fact that the board itself was in such good shape, I found the item advertised to be so right for our area. White Rock is essentially a beach town. There are flip flops available at any number of retail locations, and in every shape and colour. Have you ever noticed someone walking in front of you, wearing a pair of flip flops that looked so bad, so flat, so squished, that you wondered how the person could even walk in them? I have. I always wear shoes with arch support, as I walk A LOT. I am in no hurry to have any sort of knee or hip problems...so this product really caught my eye. The other thing that we have quite an abundance of in White Rock, besides sand and sun...are seniors. This product is right on trend for them.

I think that sometimes, retailers are too concerned with re-inventing the wheel. I don't think it is necessary, or wise to spend a great deal of time and energy trying to find the next 'IT' item. This business deals with feet. These flip flops solve a problem, AND look good. For people walking by, the message is loud and clear. How are your feet feeling as you pass our sign? Would you like to see if they could feel better? Come on in, and give these a try.

The only thing better...would be a location on the beach...to catch all of the tourists, whose feet are aching, due to a too-long walk on our beautiful Promenade!

No comments:

Post a Comment